Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Can the Android compete with the iPhone?


iphone-v-g1-0908.jpg


So after doing extensive research I have concluded that they are both great products. I own an iPhone and think the world of it. Although there are a few things that bother me about it.

Great things about the iPhone:
The iPhone combines a phone and music/media player into one. I always hated having to carry my iPod around too. This is simply convenient. The iPhone is great with the large number of apps that are available for download. This is a great plus too. A few things that both me are how they simply block minor customization options that most phones offer. I am rather surprised that they haven't changed these little options that would really make the phone better. For example, being able to simply change the text tone to anything you want it to be.

The Android:
Now this phone is more technologically advanced in several aspects. It does augmented reality which is pretty amazing. Just type it into youtube and you can find all types of cool things that you can do with it. The keyboard on the phone is pretty nice. But the main reason I would still prefer an iPhone over the Android is because it lacks a good music player. The memory on it is not nearly sufficient to my music library. It can be upgraded but you have to purchase an SD card that will cost you a hefty more on top of the cost of the phone itself already.

No comments:

Post a Comment