Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Touch Screens

Everyone keeps saying that touch screen is the future and everything will be touch screen in the future however I think this is wrong. I love my touch screen iPhone but having a touch screen laptop or computer would be a pain I think. Using my finger as a mouse sounds great and convenient but I really don't feel like reaching across the table to touch it. Maybe if they make a computer that the screen is in the desk then that would be pretty cool. Also finger prints would drive me nuts all of the screen. Here are currently some other touch screen devices that I was able to find.

This Microsoft Surface idea is pretty cool and would be fun to play with. I would really like to see it be integrated with bars. Imagine going into a bar, either sitting at the bar or a table doesn't matter and having that be your table. Being able to order your drinks there and keep a running tab in front of you so you know what you've ordered. While not ordering the screen could display regular television. Perhaps a football or basketball game. Many bars already have touch screen game displays.

bejeweled2.jpg

How ever the Microsoft Surface would be able to display better games with multi-touch features. Also instead of having to pay cash you could just add the game playing charge to your tab. This would be an amazing idea and I would go to a bar that had this at least just to mess around with the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment